Sunday 1 July 2018

June Card Swap Challenge

It usually takes me to the middle of the month to post our Swap cards but I'm right on the ball this month. Maybe it's because we are in the middle of a heat wave and it's almost unbearable to go outside.
Keri used a set from Stampin Up. The gold on the card is washi tape to coordinate with the gold edged envelope. I love that the envelope is special. She stamped the flower several times and used pencil crayons to colour. I really want to use this multiple stamping style one day soon.
I used a set that I purchased recently at my local SS. As a baker, I just knew I had to have it. The little cross hatches for the peanut butter cookie were just too much. The stamp set had matching dies and I used a couple different techniques...
I inked the edges of the cookies to give them a freshly baked appearance and I heat embossed the Milk in white. I wanted to use Nuvo drops to make the red sprinkles look more authentic but I didn't have the exact shade of red that I needed. I will definitely try that technique another time.
So I'm off to a roaring start for the month. Happy July 1st.



No comments: