Wednesday 4 July 2018

Canada Day and an Ice Cream Dessert

It was fun getting the family together and celebrating a special birthday. I did some decorating to show off some Canadian patriotism. I enjoy walking around the neighbourhood to see who puts a flag out so I hope other people enjoyed seeing mine.
My flowers this year happened to be red and white...
 I stuck a few toothpick flags in my wreath...

I thought it was pretty clever that I covered a flag with a transparent table cloth..
Here we all are minus the photographer...
It was a large group(18) and everyone braved the heat and humidity to sit outside for a visit.

I knew it was going to be a scorcher so I did all my prep that involved an oven/stove early in the week. And I knew I was going to make this super easy, delicious and cold ice cream bar dessert that could be dressed up with Oh Canada M and M's to fit the day.

Ice cream Sandwich dessert
Ice cream sandwiches (about 18)
Chocolate syrup
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup peanuts
M and M's
I tub of Cool Whip

Microwave chocolate syrup until warm enough to stir in peanut butter.
Layer ice cream sandwiches in a 9x13 pan.
Top with 1/2 of syrup mixture then a layer of Cool whip.
Repeat.
Top with peanuts and M and M's.
Chill

It doesn't get easier then that and my is it tasty.





No comments: