You've probably figured out by now that I'm a huge fan of chocolate and peanut butter. I found this recipe when I was "browsing" around the Internet and thought I would give it a try. It's starts with a brownie mix (or you can make your own) and then adds a delightful combination of chocolate, peanut butter, Rice Krispies, peanut butter cups. You get the idea.
I did find the middle layer wanted to pull apart a bit from the other layers. I think the solution to this would be to chop the peanuts up more finely and/or add a few more peanut butter cups. I also forgot to add the peanut butter to the last layer so I think that would help as well.
These are delicious squares!!!!
Peanut Butter Cup Crack Brownies
1 Brownie mix for a 9x9 pan
1/2 cup chopped, salted peanuts
12 peanut butter cups, chopped
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 3/4 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1. Bake brownies according to package directions in a 9 x 9 pan lined with foil.
2. During last 5 minutes of baking, remove from oven and sprinkle chopped nuts and peanut butter cups on top. Return to oven for 5 min.
3. As soon as you pull them out of the oven, spread the melty mixture to smooth it out.
4. Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on stovetop or in microwave. Stir in vanilla and cereal.
5. Pour over brownies and smooth.
6. Chill until chocolate is set and cut into squares.
GOING into the oven after the initial baking time.
Don't you wish you had one right now?