I DID make time to try a couple new recipes and this one is a winner!
My garden has reached the end of the zucchini harvest but I'll be buying a few more and grating some to freeze so I can make this delicious bread all winter.
Lemon Zucchini Bread
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups white sugar
Zest of 2 large lemons
3 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (squeezed out if its really moist)
2 cups icing sugar
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325F, prepare 2 8x4 loaf pans. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl combine sugar and lemon rind
4. Add to wet ingredients, whisk until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients. Batter will be thick.
5. Stir in the zucchini and divide evenly into pans.
6. Bake 60 to 65 minutes
7. Right after it comes out of the oven you can add glaze. ( I forgot )