Monday 20 May 2019

Oven Baked Chicken

I have struggled with finding a tasty way to doctor up boneless, skinless chicken. I finally found a great recipe that is delicious from The Skinnyish Dish. I modified it a bit (mostly because I didn't know what kosher salt was) but I agree with her that the secret is brining the chicken.

I cut down the amount of salt recommended and just used table salt. 1 tsp for 3 breasts. Mix into lukewarm water and put in your chicken. Store in the Fridge for at least an hour.
Take it out and pat it dry.

Then rub in the following mixture of spices or whatever you like to use:

Oven Roasted Chicken
1-1 1/2  Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp oregano

Mix into a paste and rub onto chicken.
Place on a cookie sheet covered with foil or in a baking dish.
Bake at 450F for 22-25 minutes.
You can broil for 2-3 minutes at the end to brown and crisp if desired.
Let rest for a few minutes and its ready to serve or store in the fridge for a quick high protein snack.

No comments: