Wednesday 13 February 2019

Almond Cookies


When I was down in Florida, I wanted to check out the Sam's Club because we no longer have one here in Ontario. BOO! I don't know what possessed me but I ended up buying a Club pack of Almonds with the brown edges. I'm not sure what they are called but they are sometimes hard to find here and nuts are so expensive right now. So of course, I had to find some way to start using up this large package of almonds. I found this recipe on the Internet and even though glazing takes a bit of extra time, it's worth it and the little nut rosette on top looks so pretty on your Christmas platter. And the extra almond flavour is delish!

Glazed Almond Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Glaze
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp almond extract
3 tsp water

Cream butter and sugar and extract. Add dry ingredients.
Roll in to balls and bake at 350F.  10 minutes or so
When cookies are slightly warm, cover with glaze and decorative nut arrangement.
Freezes well.


No comments: