Tuesday 25 September 2018

Banana Bread

Not an elegant staged photo, but I only post recipes that I use and love. Recently I was visiting an old friend who is an excellent hostess and baker. Despite needing knee replacement surgery (if you're reading this today, Terri, I hope you are continuing to improve), she was able to make several pastries and a raspberry custard pie. YUM!
Well, I'm not a big banana bread fan but this one that Terri made was just the best. The recipe is from Canadian Living and its a keeper.

Banana Bread
1 cup mashed banana, very ripe
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Combine bananas, sugar, oil, sour cream and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients, then combine with wet.
Mix very lightly but incorporate everything.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes at 325F.
Cool in pan and turn out. 
*update - I just made this again and put it in 3 mini loaf pans and baked for about 45 minutes at 335F. I have a convection oven.

No comments: