Sunday 19 December 2021

Christmas Baking 2021

  •  Last year, I didn't bake a single cookie. This year seemed more promising with some small gatherings planned but now with another variant circulating, maybe there will be some more cancellations. On the plus side, I was able to have my neighbours over for a short Open House and I think they all enjoyed getting together as we are a very diverse neighbourhood. Anyway, I digress. 


 

Here is the list of cookies that I made this year (almost all of them tried and true favourites and most of the recipes can be found on this blog....

  • Nainamo bars
  • Pink ladies
  • Butterscotch Marshmallow squares
  • Chipit Cherry Jewel bars
  • Peanut Butter Blossoms
  • Traditional Shortbread
  • Peanut Butter Balls 
  • Mennonite Shortbread (iced)
  • Almond Tree cookies (a rare fail, they were too thick for the Cookie press)
  • Mini Chip Shortbread
  • Whipped Shortbread 
  • Caramilk cookies

I exchanged some shortbread for some date balls with a friend of mine to round out the lineup.

I might still roll out some sugar cookies to use up my leftover buttercream frosting. Merry Christmas everyone!
 

No comments: