Saturday 23 May 2020

Maya turns 13!!!


My sweet girl turned 13 today! A year and a half ago I didn't think she would make it another month. Her knee is very arthritic due to ACL repair surgery several years ago and she was having trouble getting up. Well modern medicine has come a long way... She is doing really well, very slow walking but still enjoys getting out and I hold my breath every time she has a sudden burst of energy to chase a squirrel.
She was even able to tolerate a grooming appointment now that she is relatively pain free (just before the Pandemic hit)
I moved a dog bed into every room so she always has a cosy place to rest her old bones.
She follows me around way more then she used to in the past years.
I'm really glad I got this extra time with her and I hope she keeps doing strong for a few more years.
Happy Birthday, Maya!




No comments: