Thursday 2 April 2020

April Goals

I'm going to start off today's post with 3 things I'm grateful for. Believe me, I had a hard time stating just 3 because there are so many more I could list as we end Week 3 of Social Distancing in Ontario.

1. I'm grateful I'm a Canadian! Despite political differences, I feel our Country is being led by capable Politicians who are doing their best to support all of the different scenarios that are changing hour by hour. For the most part, people are abiding by the directives and treating one another with kindness and respect just what we are known for.

2. I'm grateful I live in a large home with a backyard. I have lots to keep me busy. I don't have to worry about running into people in corridors and elevators. I feel for all the people in more difficult circumstances.

3. I'm grateful I have long hair. While I am desperately in need of a trim, I can get by with a ponytail and feel for those people that rely on regular visits to a salon.

Now onto the Goals.. First a brief revisit of last month...

1. Go the the gym once a week. ( I started off well for the first 2 weeks of March, meeting my goal with 2 Aquasize classes then of course, the gyms closed) I have no excuse not to do some workouts in my basement to DVD's etc but I can't seem to find the time.

2. Do 5 Donation requests for Looonies for Lindor fundraiser. I did get started on this and now it has all come to a screeching halt. I am continuing to prep for the Event as is my team and we will see how it all plays out down the road.

3.Find a Retail store to carry my card line Paws for Thought. I DID find a great little store, love the owner Danielle, it's called Artisanal Design. She's on Instagram and is very entertaining. Of course, then the bottom fell out for small business and she has been forced to close so I haven't moved forward. I DID make an Instagram account and you can find me there. Pawsforthoughtkw. Maybe down the road I will devote more energy to this.


APRIL GOALS

1.  Continue making Thinking of You cards. I have been sending quite a few cards. I think everyone needs some cheering up right now.

2. Finish making my blankets. I have 4 to go. I really enjoy this activity so I should be able to complete this no problem.

3.  Continue purging old photos. I have 8 photo boxes of photos. These are just my own personal ones. Remember when we used to develop rolls of film?  And then the digital age arrived and we did doubles and more of every picture. I'm having a hard time getting rid of any family pictures despite having 25 plus scrapbooks. My ultimate goal this month is to maybe get a start on my Mom's side of the family Heritage album. I recently found this photo of me and my Dad and I had never seen it before.



No comments: