Tuesday 24 March 2020

Taco stuffed peppers

Ontario has amped up its restrictions to the Covid virus outbreak. As of today, all non-essential businesses will be shut down. This is such a surreal time. I'm lucky I can stay in and am grateful for all the people that still have to go to work to keep the basics of the Country going.

So I'm using up what I have, trying not to waste any food since there still seems to be significant shortages at the grocery stores.

I've made these peppers once before but I didn't write it down so I had to look everything up again. They were really good and one was plenty. I think I can freeze the rest. I'm going to give it a whirl anyway.

Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
(That's what I used)


1 onion, chopped and browned
1 lb ground beef browned.
Stir in some water (about half a cup?) and seasonings
Add almost one full can of tomato sauce.
2 peppers, split in half
Meanwhile cook about 1.2 cup of Minute Rice (or your favourite rice)
Add to meat mixture when cooked.

Portion into pepper halves. Bake at 350F about 45 min. I covered mine with foil and then baked it about another 5 min at the end after I sprinkled on some cheese.


No comments: