Tuesday 11 February 2020

Orange Streusel Loaves

I love looking for products in the States that we can't seem to find here so when I spied these Orange cake mixes I snapped one, er three up in a hurry. Then I had to search for a recipe to try. This one fit the bill. Makes two moist delicious loaves and freezes well. WIN. WIN!
The Streusel topping looks kind of weird but it was a nice addition....
Don't fret if you are not making a run to the States, anytime soon. I also found a knockoff recipe that I'm going to try out as well. This is a bad photo but you get the idea of the finished cake...
Orange Streusel Loaves
1 package of cake mix, Reserving 2 Tbsp for topping
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 cup of sour cream
1/3 cup oil
4 large eggs

Streusel:
2 Tbsp reserved cake mix
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (whoops I missed that step)

Glaze (if desired)
1 cup icing sugar
1-2 tbsp milk or orange juice

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 2 9x5x3 cake pans.

Combine first ingredients in mixer for 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
Sprinkle on Streusel topping

Bake 45-50 minutes. 



No comments: