Monday 30 December 2019

Christmas Baking 2019

Every year I say I'm not going to go to all the time and expense to do all the Christmas baking. The cost of ingredients has really skyrocketed but I seem to enjoy it so much (both the baking and the eating) so I guess I'll keep doing it until I don't.

Baking 2019
Traditional Shortbread
Whipped Shortbread
Almond cookies
Mini Chip Shortbread
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares
Chocolate Marshmallow Squares
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Cadbury Caramilk Cookies
Nainamo Bars
Chipit Cherry Jewel Bars
Cherry Shortbread Squares
M and M cookies

This year I got together with my cousin and her boys as is our annual tradition and our family friend and her daughter joined us. We made 3 types of cookies. It was a fun afternoon.
My friend Keri and I got together and had a mini exchange. We were exchanging 3 types but she wanted peanut brittle as one of my selections so I was happy to oblige. I made a lot of Peanut Brittle also.
I also make my old favourites and I always try to make at least one new type. This year it was the Hot Cocoa cookies and they were really good.

So we will see what next year brings. Maybe I'll continue the baking or maybe not. I'll put my money on YES!




No comments: