Tuesday 8 May 2018

Brunch Casserole

Even though this is technically a "keto" recipe, I thought Brunch casserole sounded more user friendly and it's my blog so I can re-name at will.
I made this recently for an amazing weekend/week away with my peeps and I thought it was delicious enough to post AND make again.
I plan on making it and cutting it up into squares to pull out for a quick breakfast dish. I like the fact that it sneaks in quite a few veggies as well.

I just snapped one blurry photo. Perhaps when I make it again, I'll get a better pic.

Brunch Casserole
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups egg whites ( I just used whole eggs, I also added about 1/2 cup of milk)
1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 1/4 cup cheese grated ( I used cheddar)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish.
Add the chopped veggies (excluding spinach to saute pan and cook until soft.
Add the veggies to bottom of dish. Add spinach.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies. Create an additional layer by sprinkling cheese, then cooked bacon bits.
Bake for 35 min and enjoy.
 Keeps well in fridge. I'll let you know how it freezes.

No comments: