Tuesday 6 August 2013

13 in 13 July Update

Where do I begin? July has been such a whirlwind.... Started off the month with a great trip to Nashville and Memphis. Everyone needs to see Elvis' Graceland.
Now I can cross that one off the Bucket List! More on this amazing holiday later.
I was able to attend several live performances. I think I set the bar too low on this one. I got to see Alison Kraus at the Grand Ole Opry. What a highlight of the trip.

I also saw Waiting for Godot in Stratford and Yorkville - The Musical at the the Blyth Theatre.

I have accomplished my Live performances goal and then some.

I got out the photos I want to use for my Heritage album and have decided on how many layouts I want to do but haven't gotten any further then that. I used the Cricut and joined several challenges including a Sketch challenge that I hadn't done before. I've read a few more books and hope to get an IPAD this week.

I enjoyed crocheting the afghan so much that I picked out some more yarn when I was in the States and the dogs seem to approve. I have been going gangbusters on this latest project. Didn't think it was possible in the summer but we've had a couple cool spells so it has made it a little more appealing to have an afghan on your lap.
There is a Donation call out from Canadian Blood Services so I'm going to try and book an appointment this week. It's been a busy month but very productive.

3 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

WOW. . .you certainly have been busy. My parents have been to Graceland. I'd love to go one day. I'm sure it's amazing. Thanks for sharing all these great photos.
Thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday fun!!

Turtle In The Sand said...

What a fabulous trip. I have never been but sure would like to one day. Other than your vacation, when do you sleep. LOL you have been really busy.

Cynthia said...

I absolutely agree, Dianne, everyone should visit Graceland! I was fortunate enough to attend one of Elvis' last concerts thanks to my parents who were fans. Glad you had a good trip!

PS> Such sweet pups!