Monday 27 May 2013

Stitch Away!

Stitch away was the challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's Digi Challenge Blog. I think this is the first time I have ever stitched on a card. By the time, I figure out a background and colour the image, I'm usually ready to have the card completed. I used the image; You Are My Sunshine and it turned out as cute as can be. I stitched around the sun, glossied up his eyes and her shoes and my card was ready to go.
Here's a close-up of Mr. Sun....
And my new sentiment circles from Your Next Stamp, a local company in Southern Ontario. I just picked them up yesterday, you can never have too many circle sentiments.
It was also a departure for me to put my image on an angle, I usually line everything up so I feel like I'm trying some new things. I hope you like it.

4 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Beautiful Dianne! When should I expect it in the mail? You know, my b-day is in October. LOL
I LOVE it! I hope it won't be your last stitching card. It's just beautiful!
Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.

jkreucher said...

Sweet Fun in the Summer card! Perfect idea to stitch around the sun! It really makes it pop!
thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
Judy

Ann English said...

Fabulous card
I totally agree about the round sentiments...this one is great!
Thanks so much for joining us is week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge.

Pat said...

Ohhhhhh...how fabulously clever to stitch around the sun! I wish I had thought of that! But you can bet I'll be "stealing" this idea sometime soon! hehe! Such pretty coloring too! So glad you've joined us for this week's "stitch away" challenge at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs, Pat Frank