Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Tag Swap

I was invited to participate in a tag swap hosted by http://rosannes-blog.blogspot.ca/. Rosanne always does such a nice job hosting. She puts a special effort into presenting the food and makes everyone feel comfortable. I particularly liked her grape trees. This was my first attempt to hook up to someone's blog so I hope the link works for you and you check it out.

Here's the tag that I made for the swap. (Did I mention we had to make 18 of each?!?)

I embossed the Kraft cardstock with birds and flowers and did a border along the bottom. I cut a doily and cut many poinsetta pieces using the Nestabilities pointsetta. I inked everything, then crumpled the flowers and the leaves to add a little dimension. I cut and stamped a Christmas ticket and then added a ribbon. I think it turned out pretty well. At least, I wasn't embarassed to pass it around at the swap.

Here's some of the other tags I received. It is so interesting to see what people come up with and so nice to go home with a variety. Is it less work then a cookie swap? Definitely not, but a really nice idea.



2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Loved your tag Dianne!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Awesome tag Dianne!